Waste must be seen as a resource to be exploited in the best possible manner. Our Waste Refinery project seeks to find out how best to take advantage of the resources available in waste. The project is a collaboration initiated by the biggest players in West Sweden with the aim of achieving a more resource-conscious society that is independent of fossil fuel.
Here are some of Waste Refinery´s overarching goals:
- Reducing dependence on fossil fuels.
- A doubling of the proportion of renewable energy in West Götaland region energy systems.
- Increased awareness and control of waste management.
- Minimizing dangerous waste products through increased knowledge about risk factors.
- The contribution of knowledge and technology to achieve an increase in biological food waste treatment.
- Active participation in EU collaborations and exporting regional knowledge.
Andreas Ulveström is involved in the project at Borås Energi och Miljö. “Waste Refinery includes parties from business, the community and research so it provides us with access to expertise we do not have ourselves within the company." Andreas sees Waste Refinery as a means to stay up to date with what is going on in the industry.“We are able to share results from other projects at the centre," says Andreas. "We also get to cooperate with others who are taking part in Waste Refinery and run the project together."
Do you find this interesting?
Read more at www.wasterefinery.se